Tours & Adventures | Half-Day Private Tour of Naxos Island
See and feel the real Naxos with our experienced guides, qualified to inform you about the History and the Culture of our island as well as answer any of your questions. Follow a pre-devised itinerary, or let us know your interests, and we will create a personalized tour just for you.
· FIRST STOP : Delightful Eggares Village, where you will visit a renovated, family-owned olive oil factory, where you can watch how this “liquid gold” was once painstakingly prepared, as well as sample its delectable olive oil products.
· SECOND STOP: Follow a narrow paved trail to discover the Kouros of Melanes at Flerio, an unfinished ancient statue dating to around 550 BC, charmingly located in a local Naxian family’s garden. Then view the famous marble quarries, and visit an authentic marble factory.
· THIRD STOP: Visit ancient Panagia Drosiani, an Early Christian, trio-apsidal, domed church with its beautiful frescoes.
· FOURTH STOP: Chalki Village, where after a pleasant stroll, visit the hundred-year-old family distillery, which still produces Naxos’ well-known KITRON liqueur.
· FIFTH STOP: History comes alive at the ancient temple of Demetra, in Sagri Village, dated 530 BC, and dedicated to the goddess of agriculture. Built on the edge of a fertile Naxian valley, as the first Greek temple constructed entirely of marble (its roof as well), it’s of even greater historical importance.(closed on Tuesdays)
End your entertaining and informative day as you wind along Naxos’ southwest coast past exquisite sandy beaches, on the way back to your hotel.
Tour includes PICK UP and DROP OFF at YOUR HOTEL.
Our tours are conducted in English in either PRIVATE CARS (up to 3 pax) or our LUXURY MINI-VAN (4-7 pax).