Private Naxos sightseeing tours 4 hours
See and experience the real Naxos with our guide Spyros, a native Naxian who has lived on the island his entire life. This half-day island tour includes a coffee stop at a local, traditional kafeneion (café), Follow a pre-devised itinerary, or let Spyros know your interests, and he will create a personalized tour just for you.
· FIRST STOP: Follow a narrow paved trail to discover the Kouros of Melanes at Flerio, an unfinished ancient statue dating to around 550 BC, charmingly located in a local Naxian family’s garden. Then view the famous marble quarries, and visit an authentic marble factory.
· SECOND STOP: Visit ancient Panagia Drosiani, an Early Christian, trio-apsidal, domed church with its beautiful frescoes.
· THIRD STOP: The traditional and picturesque, marble mountain village of Apeiranthos is next.
· FOURTH STOP: Pass through Filoti Village on the way to Chalki Village, where after a pleasant stroll, visit the hundred-year-old family distillery, which still produces Naxos’ well-known KITRON liqueur.
· FIFTH STOP: History comes alive at the ancient temple of Demetra, in Sagri Village, dated 530 BC, and dedicated to the goddess of agriculture. Built on the edge of a fertile Naxian valley, as the first Greek temple constructed entirely of marble (its roof as well), it’s of even greater historical importance.
· End your entertaining and informative day as you wind along Naxos’ southwest coast past exquisite sandy beaches, on the way back to your hotel.
Tour includes pick up and drop off at your hotel. Our tours are conducted in English in either private cars (up to 4 pax) or our minivan (5-8 pax).
Note: Kindly include the name of your hotel in the Comments Box on the following page, as well as any other comments you would like to leave.